Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Best Damn Chicken

I accidentally made this recipe one night. I just wanted a garlic Sriracha roasted chicken recipe but the roasted garlic/Sriracha mixture wasn't enough for the blender to blend up. So I started throwing other things in that I thought were great. This is what happened. I will be completely and totally honest: if I had to eat one food for the rest of my life THIS would be That Food. It works great for whole chickens, chicken parts, and Cornish hens. It is so amazeballs. Cave Dad took leftovers in his lunch for work and got upset that there was no more chicken to dip in the fantastic glaze this makes.



We are hoping to one day amass enough bones and leftover glaze to make an amazing Asian style soup with cabbage and kelp noodles and all sorts of great things. That will be for another day.

On to the recipe!

Ingredients
1 head garlic
3 tbsp cooking fat
2 tbsp coconut aminos
3 tbsp teriyaki sauce
3 tbsp Sriracha (or 5 tbsp of my Homemade Sriracha because it isn't as spicy)
1 whole chicken, innards removed


Peel the garlic and coat in 1 tblsp melted cooking fat. Roast in 350° oven for about 20 minutes. Puree first five ingredients (everything but chicken). Coat the chicken with it. You can refrigerate for a couple hours or pop it right into the oven. Bake in a Dutch oven at 350° for 1.5 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165°. While it is resting, get all the drippings and juices and pour in a small sauce pan. Boil until reduced by half. Devour chicken dipped in the glaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment