Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake

I actually made a dessert recipe! It is crazy to me because I can follow a dessert recipe easy enough but making one myself? Yeah, no. This recipe can be whipped up in less than five minutes, including cook time! I know some in Paleo Land are against microwaves but that isn't us. I have become a little addicted to this recipe. Cave Dad works over nights so I find myself making a cake and watching TV before bed more than a couple nights a week. It is probably not good but better than the wheat and processed sugar filled cakes I have seen in the past.

Ingredients
1 egg
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp raw honey (or maple syrup)
2 tbsp cooking fat (both butter and lard work well)
1/8 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
splash of pure vanilla extract

Get a mug. A large one works best. I think the one I use is a 16 oz mug. Whisk all ingredients together in the mug. Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes, until it is set all the way through and there isn't extra liquid in the bottom. It will be very hot when you take it out so let it cool for a bit before digging in.

Eat as is or top with raw cream or coconut milk ice cream or whatever your little heart desires. I have heard almond butter and chocolate go well together.

1 comment: